How to Contact Your Spirit Guide
This spirit guide meditation is designed to help you connect with your personal spirit guide. As you work with your guide, you will become more and more attuned to their energy, and they will walk ever more closely beside you on your life path.
Before you begin, I suggest having a notepad or journal next to you, and a pen for writing down your experience at the end of your meditation. Set aside 10–15 minutes to prepare for the meditation.
* Go to your quiet space. It is important that you find a place where you will not be distracted by your phone, your family members, or any outside disturbances. It is important that in this space you feel comfortable, safe, and calm. Your inner world needs to be calm and still, not just your outer world.
* Shift your focus away from your thoughts and inner dialogue. In this place of quiet, it is important to begin settling your thoughts. This means stopping not only your to-do lists and worries, but also the ideas and sparks of inspiration that may come forward in the quiet of your mind. To get to a place absent of thought, I suggest you watch the light show behind your eyelids. Become a spectator.
* Turn your attention to your breath. When thoughts begin to pop up—and they will—it is helpful to focus on your breath. Your breathing should be steady. In through your nose, take a deep and generous inhale. Out through your nose, send a deep and relaxing exhale. Imagine the in-breath nourishing all the cells of your body and imagine your body becoming relaxed and worry-free with the out-breath.
* Imagine golden energy beams in and around you; really feel their warmth. Imagine golden beams of light coming from above, through the crown of your head and filling you up with new, healing energy. Feel the warmth and the healing surge through you. Welcome the light and this revitalizing love energy.
* Begin positive thought (i.e., focus on all you are grateful for). Talk to yourself about all you are grateful for, all that you love about yourself and your life. In this place of self-love and gratitude you open yourself to communication with the energy that lives in love and gratitude. Your spirit guide resides in this energy.
Now you are ready to enter your sacred garden—the safe place within you for healing—and contact your spirit guide.